GST for Coaching Classes, Training Institutes and Academies
As per the recent changes in indirect taxes across India. All the coaching institute have to be extra cautious. Now Service tax has been replaced GST on all such educational institutes
Whether it is Coaching class or Training Institute or tuitions, If they are making revenue more than 20 lakhs per annum they have to get registered for GST. ANd Implement GST at their institute.
How coaching class, Training Institutes to issue Receipts Cum Invoices to Students under GST :
- For all the collection and admissions institute / coaching class is issuing receipts or invoices has to be with their registered GST number.
- They have to add total 18% GST on their fees. Which includes 9% CGST and 9% SGST.
- On their every Invoice or receipt to student they have to mention total GST amount and also what is 9% CGST and 9%SGST for that receipt or invoice.
- They also need to mention their complete address, Registered name of their organization, Basic amount, 9% CGST and 9%SGST, date of receipt / invoice , Total amount, Name of student, Course that he is taking and Center where he will be given training
- Agam Edu Enables you to print such a GST compliant receipts for students with no efforts
Coaching Classes, Training Institutes having multiple centers across various states
- Some institute have their company owned centers across multiple states. In that case For every state where they have their centers(owned premises or rented premises), They need to register them self for every state GST separately
- Training Institute, Coaching Class will be getting different GST number for every state.
- Educational Institute will have to ensure they put correct GST number in the receipts belonging to that state only. Coaching Classes and Training centers will have to put GST number of given state to all the receipts and invoices issued in that State.
- All Receipts cum invoices Sr No has to be single series for the given GST number
- Agam Edu relieves the pressure from you. For your multi state coaching class/Training Institute; while giving receipts Agam Edu Automatically generates separate receipting sequence and automatically adds the correct State Specific GST Number
Course Fees to be reworked Under GST for Educational Institutes
Previously coaching classes and training institute were charging students with 15% service tax on their tuition fees, administration charges, study material, etc… But now from 1st July 2017 onwards, institutes will need to rework that and add 18% GST on all your basic taxable amount. You may have different Fee structures for your different courses, with or without installments, different fees for various centers but all of this has to be reworked with 18%.
Agam Edu help you in adjusting all of this with much reduced efforts. Almost automatic.
Excel Format Monthly GST returns for Coaching Classes, training Institutes
- Coaching Classes, Training institutes have multiple admissions happening every day. There are Various old students paying their due installments
- All this collection has to be submitted while filing monthly returns for GST
- At first it seems difficult and horrendous task But Agam Edu helps you in this.
- Agam Edu generates Excel sheet shown below with all the formulas and encoding required for GST Network site to be uploaded
- This Excel Sheet created from Agam edu is created automatically from students collections, receipts cum invoices
- The format of excel sheet that educational Institute, coaching classes or training centers has to prepare while filling their Monthly GST return is shown in image below. (This can be directly downloaded from Agam Edu)
GST for Training Institutes and Coaching classes has been explained carefully in this blog. Feel free to get connected with Agam Edu to automate and implement GST at your Educational Institute
GST Input Tax Credit for Coaching Classes and Training Institutes
Previously all the coaching classes and training institute use to charge service tax to student but now from 1st July 2017, All the training institutes and Coaching classes will be charging GST to their students. Because of GST there are various items on which these institutes will be able to take tax credit. Previously School bags, Stationery items, Study materials, Books and various other objects were under VAT. Now due to GST educational institutes can take ITC(Input Tax Credit) for all such a purchases. Also various IT services, Marketing Services, Consultancy can avail them ITC. Not to forget but few coaching classes / training institute wants their faculties,administrative staff and management to travel from one city to another city for institute purpose. All such a travels has GST in their travel fare. Ensure you provide your company GST details while booking your flights, train journey. So your educational institutes can take ITC of these expenses and Save on GST.
Excеptiοnal post howevｅr , I was wondering if you could write a
litte more on this tоpic? I’d be very grateful if you could eⅼaborate a little bit morｅ.
ask sir, i’ll help you more
very informative article for GST and i will wait your next blog about gst information so thanks for sharing this…,
Their is any coaching institute for gst in Jalandhar?
On all coaching Gst has applicable
Thanks for the information
PLS INFORM HOW I CAN PERSONALLY UNDERSTAND GST RETURN & ITS COMPLIANCES ?? & WHICH PLACE IN AHMEDABAD ??
ask me anything for gst related query i’ll help you
What about faculty if these coaching institutes. Do they have to Bill Instiutes for getting their professional fee? Does it mean faculty also must register for GST?
No required to register faculty, If faculty visit to other state then company will take ITC of bill
Sir, I am doing Computer Education Franchisee and collected only within 15 lakhs. Do I want to pay GST?
no no no
I run Dance, Yoga & Zumba classes. Do I have to pay Gst.
I also run an Event Management Unit but my total income of Events, Dance, Yoga & Zumba doesn’t exceed 7 lac.
As I don’t have Gst number I don’t get corporate work as they demand Gst bill from me which I don’t have. Pls help me n let me know what to do
Below 20 lacks turnover no need GST registration, so you don’t need to pay GST.
Below 20 lakhs turnover no need GST registration, so you don’t need to pay GST.
I run a small private coaching centre for school children with an annual turnover of nearly 7 lacs. Do I need to be registered for GST?
want to know how to get educated gst and return filing gst.
Register on Gst.gov.in
i’m starting a coaching institute,
revenue expected to maximum of 2 lakhs /anum
Do i need to register for GST?
Can we get refund of GST amount , if we cancel our tution class afterwards.
Yes, you can file return in next month
hello sir , I want to ask does ielts institute comes under GST, because i heard that only those organisations comes under GST who are making revenue 20 lakh annually? so am little bit confuse about it.
Now Gst Limit is 40 Lac
Thanx for Information. I am the owner of Prepskool academy, a coaching Institute for Class 9th to 12th. I want to know is it necessary to file GST monthly, if the turnover is below 20 lacks permonth?
Sir , at our place , we collect fee from students onbehalf of teachers under brand name and give them , they then give us the share out of the fee collected , total fee collected for teachers is above 20 lac but our share is much below 20 lac, do we need to pay GST
After amendment computer training institute on gst rate?
your blog is very good. we provide best coaching institute in Jaipur for education. if you want join so visit our website.
i have run a computer classes which turn over more than 20 lakhs can i able to take GST registration for the same plz repy same
If our fee collection is less then Rs. 4000000 per Annum then should be register in GST or not also explain we can issue fee receipt without gst
Thanks for sharing such a useful information . im looking for such information it is good.
Shardey’s Studio Dancing| Acting | Fitnesss
What if we provide online tuition from home but only 2 to 4 students per month otherwise when there are no students for few months then do such online tuition need to apply for company name? Otherwise without company name, necessary to apply for GST even for 2 to 4 students?
Again, if all these students are Indians then GST necessary?
If any single student is from foreign country, then GST necessary?
What is the charge in India for applying or registering online tuition company? (Although not sure whether to consider it as company since hardly ever income possible)
I hope to receive answers from you 🙂
Thanks for finally talking about > GST for Coaching Classes, Training Institutes and Academies – Agam Technologies < Liked it!