OUR 9 BEST TIPS FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS TO CHOOSE THE BEST INSTITUTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
— VANDANA DEVI SREEJITH
As the owner of a training institute or coaching class, has your mind ever been boggled with the plethora of reports or endless deliberations that you have had to go through while running your institute? Fee collections, admissions, student information, examinations, academics, resource utilization – the list is simply endless.
What if we told you that the answer to all your woes is just a click away?
Institute Management System – the coolest trending word in education today, particularly in the aftermath of Covid. A one-stop miracle of technology that can take over the tough job of managing your institute end-to-end, while effectively streamlining your entire operations, and increasing productivity and ROI a hundred times manifold!
Here are nine of our best tips to help you choose the best institute management software out there!
- Identify your Institute’s Needs :- Decide at the outset which activities would it be profitable for you to automate. You need to choose a software that offers customised solutions to the specific issues you are facing, rather than several generalised ones. It is advisable to start with those areas (like fee management, for example), where replacing human efforts with technology will result in higher productivity.
- Go with a User-Friendly Software :- If you don’t pay attention to the specific features offered by the software you purchase, your whole effort might turn out to be counter-productive. Invest in one that is easy to use, as well as to train your staff on. Make sure it has easy-to-find tabs or icons, a fuss-free dashboard, as well as a search bar to help you locate different fields or tools.
- Choose a Reputed Vendor :- The reliability of the company offering you an educational management software is just as important as the software’s quality. Look for vendors who can boast of a good market presence, and try to check with their existing clients whether they provide round the clock support and guidance, not only while implementing the software, but also in terms of providing necessary training, as well as in offering to resolve technical issues in the long run.
- Go for one that is Scalable :- It would be a good idea to check for reviews from other institutes on whether the Institute Management System you are planning to purchase was designed to scale or not. Find out how long have they been using the software, and whether the vendor was able to adapt the software in line with the exponential growth of the school/college. It is important to ensure that as more and more of your staff, students and parents start accessing the purchased software, it should not crash, hang or in any way become unusable or redundant.
- Go for experienced applications :- An application which had already been implemented at institutes similar to yours and can confidently boast of having some good years of experience in the market will always be a matured – and therefore, more trustworthy – application. Such an application would not only have gone through a thorough testing, but also would have cleared the final UAT at the institute concerned, which makes it capable of addressing tasks real-time. Moreover, such an application must have gone through various feedback-repair cycles and must be already in ready to use condition, which makes it a strong contender.
- Always request for a Demo :- A demonstration of the software you intend to purchase will help resolve all the doubts clouding your mind – be it about the software’s features, reliability, or overall usefulness. The vendor may be able to allay your fears by lucidly explaining which functions specific to your institute could be automated, how easily can the staff be trained to use the software, and how capable it would be in adapting to your institute and its environment. He may also be able to share the benefits of their years of industry experience with you, and guide you on how to use their software to its fullest potential.
- Check for applications with regular updates and upgrades :- An application system that has a demonstrated history of regular updates as well as upgrades happening is always recommended. They suggest that the application has evolved according to market demands, and offer clear proof of conducting technical upgrades and compliance requirements much required for the education sector. Regular updates and upgrades also demonstrate the sincere intentions of the architects and developers involved, to keep improving upon the application.
- Look for mobile-friendly software :- An advanced institute management application should have mobile apps integrated into the software for the convenience of your application’s end users, such as your students, faculty members and Directors. Needless to say, mobile apps have become a necessity for the millennial generation – therefore, an application that’s easily accessible anywhere, and can make information readily available in the form of a mobile app, is likely to be your best bet.
- Check for a system with integration options :- When shopping for an Institute Management System that’s compatible with your institute, ensure that it has multiple integrations available. Ideally, the application should be capable of being integrated with the Learning Management System of the institute. Although institute administration can be handled by the Institute Management System, having the LMS integrated with it will allow for the institute’s educational content, training material and online lectures to come under one roof.
The owner of an institute intuitively understands that while his passion to impart knowledge and learning to his students is irreproachable, the journey to build his institute is undoubtedly challenging. It is therefore, imperative to invest in an Institute Management System that is not only functional, supportive and cost effective, but also positively contributes to the growth of your school/college as well its students and teachers, helping you build an institute of repute – one that its students are proud to call its alma mater!